Tuesday 4 May 2010

Drawing Techniques and Mediums

Today I was trying out different drawing mediums. I began on continuing this first drawing, done over a light box in pencil. It has already taken several hours. I found that drawing over a lightbox was really helpful as the light coming under the paper allowed me to be really precise in where I made a mark, the result was totally different from my drawings of this photo so far.

I then tried ink pen and letrasets, and just 5B pencil, both done in about 10 minutes. I think for what i'm trying to achieve the first drawing will be most effective, but I still need to work out how to add colour to achieve the texture and tone that I want.

Pencil on Paper

Ink pen and letraset

5B pencil


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.