Thursday 24 March 2011

MOKITA Symposium, Pick Me Up at Somerset House

On tuesday I went to MOKITA, a symposium around the subject of illustratior, held at Somerset House. VERY EXCITING.

http://mokita1.blogspot.com

A lot of things were said that you kind of already knew, but it was really interesting to hear it discussed. I guess that was part of the point. 

It was in three parts:

IS COMMERCE THE ONLY REAL CONTEXT FOR ILLUSTRATION?
(discussion between James Jarvis and Darryl Clifton)

ILLUSTRATOR AS AUTHOR, NEW PARADIGM OR THE DEATH OF THE AUTHOR?
(discussion between Luke Best and Roderick Mills)

DO WE NEED A THEORY OF ILLUSTRATION?
(discussion between Sam Arthur and Geoff Grandfield)

A small group of us helped film and record the event which was a bit out of my comfort zone but will hopefully be worth it if we can show what was said to others. All in all, I have lately felt like I'm really becoming to understand my place and route as an illustrator, I feel a lot more comfortable and sure of my own ideas on the subject, and why I am choosing to study and practise it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.